Wednesday, December 9, 2009

December 9th, 2009 be careful of what you wish for

Yesterday I was thrilled to see the snow and satisfaction was plentiful. Now today with a full blown blizzard buzzing through the night and still in full whipping order, I am thinking I had enough of the white deep, deep stuff.

My partner is out with his snowblower which he is walking behind as he goes. I had mentioned decorating for Christmas and out the door he went to spend I am sure the better of the day doing his duty. I chose to stay inside, tucked into as much warm ware I could put on. Drifts past knee deep in the long treck to barn and Chicken coop are more than my ashma could handle even with a deep freeze mask on. Dick will be feeding our four horses cooped up in their stalls but with plenty of water, feed, and nice grasy hay. The chickens will also find a new face peeking in above the deep snow drifts which are covering the door to coop. They also will be well fed and watered. The only thing missing will be my cooing to the beloved soft lips of Ginger, Hawk, Moose, and Rifa, my horses, and the greeting "Hi girls, how you doing?" to my hard working hens, who also have names but way too many to list here.


My duties will lie in working on my quilting, baking cookies starting with my gramma's famous Molasses cutouts. Of course my book In A Pickle by Jerry Apps is staring at me taunting me to leave the duty and slip under a lap cover and loose myself into the 1950's. Just love Jerry's writing and he has a neat blog to

No comments:

Post a Comment